Friday, April 7, 2023

Four seconds of lynx

Sounds like the title of a thriller, doesn't it? But no, though it was thrilling to be there and take the photos.

So there we were, inside the lynx cage at the Yukon Wildlife preserve, taking photos of the beautiful kitties. I took many photos. A great many. I suppose I should have had some self restraint and used higher standards to choose which to edit. I edited many of them. A great many. How could I not?

What you're getting here is a few seconds of a lynx leaping into a tree to get a scrap of meat put there by one of the park staff. They used the high tech defence tool (a rake) to put the meat on a branch about 10 or 11 feet off the ground. 

1. The sequence starts at 3:46:00.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9. Time stamp is 3:46:01

10.

11.

12.

13.

14.

15.

16.

17.

18.

19.

20. The sequence ends at 3:46:04, as my camera ran out of memory buffer. By the time the camera was ready, the lynx was out of the tree and out of sight to nibble in private.


And you wondered why the big cats are such good hunters. 

Now do you understand why I found it hard to not edit so many photos? I think 18 is my favourite. What about you?

Of the Day
Driftwood (NZ)

Driftwood (BC)

Peony

Tombstone

Film (new)

Film (old)
Us and Linda's mom. The occasion is the wedding of one of her cousin's. I've no idea who took the photo. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!