Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Lappiness happiness

It was sort of a spring-like day early Febrary for a walk along the Bow in Fish Creek. This time I wore the traction aids and had a great walk between Bankside and Mallard Point. However there wasn't much that caught my eye. 

1.

2.

3. I was impressed with the beavers. There's several places they've demonstrated their tree-felling abilities. Probably much to the despair of the people trying to manage the river valley ecosystem.


4.

5.

6. The infamous albino cobra chicken was giving me major stink eye.


7.

Of the Day
Driftwood

And a serendipity from the bird sanctuary.


Peony

Lily

Celina and Linda, and where I got the blog title from. Celina has been very demanding about lap time lately. In our house the person with a cat in their lap gets asking privileges. They can ask the other human to put on tea or get a drink. All to keep the cat (formerly the cats) happy. Which is why we've never had more than two cats, one for each lap. We miss Curtis, he was such a good lap cat. Yes, we've been thinking about getting another one, but we remember the struggle with Amelia and Bernard. That wasn't good, not even slightly. 


Film
I struggled with the composition here, both digitally and on film. At first I really liked the chunk of driftwood and it's reflections, but the more I looked at it the less I liked it. The reflections of the trees are nice, and I was working on framing it with the ugly bridge. You can't tell, but for this I'm up against a fence wishing I could get down the river itself. In the end it is what it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!