Monday, November 23, 2020

Macro Monday 43, Icky?

I'd been meaning to take macro photos of a particular object for a while, and only got around to it last night while working on a paperweight. As always, it took a bit of doing to get the light and orientation right, to say nothing of focus. That's the challenge. The fun part is seeing what the world looks like up close. As a reminder, the area you see on screen is about 3 x 4 mm in real life.

But first, a serene blue image to start you off.


And now the feature images. Are you ready?


A couple more of the same thing.



A couple more macro from the same area of the hurricane paperweight.



Of the Day
Driftwood


Flower
That clump of faded rose blooms are still hanging in there. At the rate they're going, I'll get all kinds of frosty and snowy photos of them all winter.




Paperweight
Non macro, but reflective shot of the hurricane paperweight, showing what happens when you don't control the light.





2 comments:

  1. Ah blue, we like blue especially blue no. 1. The word that comes to mind is falling. I flipped it for fun, and the word that came to mind was suspended. 5 and 6 don't quite work for me as the image subject was not clear to me. I love 8 for its asymmetry, palette and composition. Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first blue one especially. The depth of colour is fabulous. I confess I'm not as smitten with dead and dying flowers as you are - though they certainly can be beautiful. I particularly like the composition and colours in the second rose image though.

    Really worried about what's happening in Alberta given I have so many friends and family members there. Which Kenney and his crowd would give a damn about someone other than themselves and do the right things.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!