Friday, September 20, 2013

T-Rex and the tarpit, again

Some of you will remember me mentioning my inner dino. He's a T-Rex, but with an unfortunate predilection for tar pits, as in, trying to run in them. I'm not sure why. Here are some previous adventures:
here
here
and here.

The run Tuesday was kind of clunky, and I didn't run Thursday, so I headed out shortly after getting home today, after a good session warming up. It was slow. T-Rex in the tar pit slow. Again. It hasn't been like this for a while. I was hardly breathing at all, but my legs weren't moving.

It was a struggle to maintain a 7 min/K pace, and I didn't manage that for long. The whole 4 K took almost exactly 30 minutes, or 7:30 K pace on average.

Nothing was hurting, which is a good sign. But nothing wanted to move, either. Ran around and stopped at 30 minutes, with a good stretch session after. It actually feels better afterward than it did before. I almost wonder what it would be like to run again, but I'm not going to, not on top of butter chicken and lots of wine.

Finished Grace to Race by Sister Madonna Buder. I'm more impressed with her than ever. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that there is a lot about religion in it, which puts me off a bit. Still she is an amazing athlete by anybodies standard. She's had an interesting life. I'm not sure what my next read will be. I'm in a holding pattern at the moment, still working on trying to rescue the photos buried in the Time Machine backup. Though I'm beginning to give up hope. It looks like I've lost all of 2012. Still trying.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!