Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Almost packed

Early afternoon and I'm almost done packing. About the only thing left to go in the bag that I won't be using later today is a battery still on the charger. I have a list, and it's been checked several times. I've been looking forward to this trip since about half-way through the last trip to Yukon. Linda is rolling her eyes a bit at my eagerness to be packing, and to be at the airport early, but there's a bit of a history there. I could tell you of her adventures packing for our trip to Italy, but won't. (Unless you bribe me more to talk, than she will to be silent.)

Curtis is pretty clear that I'm going, and put on a bit of a take me with you performance this morning as I was headed out to the pool. I told him he wouldn't like the pool. I also told him it was tomorrow I was leaving, and that I'd be back, and he really wouldn't like the airplane ride. Like always, he doesn't believe me.

There are still some abstract photos happening when I get the opportunity. This isn't as abstract as some, but I think a few people will be scratching their heads. That soft transition from blue worked out even better than I had hoped.


Plus some flowery stuff that I didn't think would fit into a Flowery Friday post. After all, there's no rule that says flowers only appear on Friday. (This blog don't need no stinking rules!)


I was feeling a bit sorry for one little bee yesterday. She was hanging upside down on the mint plant. Just hanging out, as it were. I got lots of shots, then changed lenses and got more. I don't know if she was playing hookey from the bee taskmaster with the clipboard, or was resting, or had totally run out of gas and was dying. All the other bees buzzed around and ignored her. When I looked later she was gone. Just another story that I'll never know how it turned out.


Tomorrow is a travel day, so I don't know when I'll actually post blog. Maybe in the morning wired with coffee and excitement to be off. Maybe as I sit in an airport, waiting. Maybe some Whitehorse photos will be ready. Maybe I'll do a Facebook live if the wifi is good enough. (Facebook says 38 people watched the first one, and that's a large fraction of my FB friends, so that's encouraging.) Maybe aliens will take over my brain during the flight, and you will get the unvarnished truth about life, the universe, and everything. Stay tuned!

Peony of the Day
(July 16)


Driftwood of the Day


1 comment:

Looking forward to reading your comment!