Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Still too fast and deep, plus

A stroll through Fish Creek brought the following thoughts. It's still too soon to do one of my rambles through the creek. (Let me know if you want to join me when the time comes.) I saw lots of beaver food, and what looks like a beaver dam, but no beavers. Lots of children though, maybe they scared the beavers into hiding. Out of the corner of my eye I caught a big bird landing in a tree, and then it wouldn't leave again. This is one of the few times I wished I'd dragged along the behemoth lens. Experts suggest it's a Great Blue Heron. (The bird, not the lens.)





First bees of the year! They've been out and about for a while, which is nice to see. That particular pot of dirt attracts the bees like you wouldn't believe! I don't know what's growing, but it's like the boss bee wants minute by minute reports.



The Irises have come into season.



Rock of the Day
You may have seen this on Instagram. There's a similar shot coming with lot more colour. Stay tuned.


Driftwood of the Day


2 comments:

  1. Love irises and the composition of that shot is particularly eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Jan - lovely. Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!