Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Good solid bike on tired legs

Greg is back! Time trial night, but a short workout. We did a few one leg drills, a couple 3 minute warm ups for time trial, then settled in for a 20 minute ride. I was a gear harder than the last time we did this, kept the cadence about the same, 90 rpm. Last time my heart rate was up between 135 and 140. Now, in a harder gear, remember, it was between 115 and 120. I guess this training is having an effect after all. I had just one spot where I was figetty on the bike, and once that passed I was good.

I have to admit I was a bit worried about my legs. The hams and calves have that pre-cramp feel, so I wanted to stay smooth. I might have been able to get through the trial in a tougher gear or two, but then again, maybe not.

1:40 ride.

3 comments:

  1. WOW!! You are really making progress -- a harder gear and a lower heart rate!! Dude - you rock!!! :) :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great workout!! You are certainly making progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the Gods of HR shined upon you! Great workout.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...