Saturday, October 26, 2013

The cone of shame

Poor Curtis. He has a growth of some kind on his forearm, just behind the dew claw. At first we though he had got a minor cut or a splinter or something. When we took a close look it wasn't quite like a scab, so we took him in.

They aren't quite sure what it is yet either. He's on some antibiotics and has to wear the cone to keep from licking or biting at the area. Needless to say he is not happy.


Earlier this morning there was a quietly nice sunrise, so I scuttled out to capture it, then noticed the reflection in the water barrel so I did that instead.

It's another beautiful day out, and my back is continuing to feel better. Runmeter gave me totally off the course results, so all I'll say is that I ran 20 minutes and it all felt pretty good. Toward the end I could feel some low back tightness creeping up on me and I didn't want to get into that again.

Did you catch my new rant yesterday?

I was up early this morning and struggled through cats to work on sorting out the cast for my NaNoWriMo novel. There are 5 main characters now, Ed, Ronnie, Penny, Thomas and Hardisty. I'll want one more I think, and several promising characters are getting themselves ready for audition. There will be a loose collections of minor characters, spouses, parents, children, friends, you know, that sort of riff raff. If you're also doing NaNoWriMo, don't be afraid to look me up.


1 comment:

  1. I hope it's nothing serious and Curtis is cone-free soon. Poor furbaby.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!