Thursday, April 21, 2011

I didn't want to but did anyway

I was tired coming home from work. My legs did not want to go running. None the less I went downstairs and worked through 15 minutes of leg exercises as a warmup. I've discovered a neat addition to the one leg squats. I start like usual, stretching one leg out behind me as I slowly bend the other knee. Then on the way back up, once I'm standing straight I keep the leg that was back moving forward to bring the knee up high. Then back into another squat. Great for balance.

The run was not intended to be fast. I want to get my legs moving, but didn't want to be building up any lactic acid. Ran 5 K nice and easy, though my legs felt very heavy and slow. It ended up being 36 minutes.

So far I am not impressed with my new shoes. They feel heavy and stiff. I need to play with the lacing a bit, maybe that will help.

Big swim tomorrow at Talisman. Hope I don't drown.

1 comment:

  1. I have a visual image of me doing that lunge/squat/switch thing you described, and it ends up with me on my butt...is that how it's supposed to end?

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...