Tuesday, September 1, 2026

August Image of the Month

Some of the best images were of cyclists struggling through the monsoon during the Gran Fondo. Unfortunately, by my own rules they aren't eligible. It was a really quiet photographic month for me as I wasn't feeling the camera love.

2nd Runner Up
Sean and I found this little creek along Highway 40 and spent some time working the scene. This was a bit of a precarious perch as I tried to get everything right.


1st Runner Up
Lilies are beautiful, what more do you need? This one was so late to the party it was a surprise to see it.


Image of the Month
Fish Creek between bridge 2 and 3. Flowing water is one of the things that the camera 'sees' very differently than what our our eyes see. It's a difficult subject to get right, but I keep trying. I'm usually trying for a mist flowing over the rocks effect, which typically needs actual waves. Here I was trying to balance the exposure between the deep shadows in the trees and the sun on the water, and somehow got this unusual water texture that I'm quite pleased with.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!