Friday, December 18, 2020

The rocks of Feb 24

New Zealand beaches are good for many things. Walking along them will soothe your soul. Just that there's a beach and an ocean means the scenery is good, and sometimes it's spectacular. I fell in love with the driftwood, as you've seen over the last while.

But there are often rocks as well, and some of them are fascinating. These are all from Brighton Beach, near one of the largest and most interesting chunks of driftwood I've ever seen.

I was captured by the textures. At first I thought they might be fossilized wood, but I don't think so. Some of them reminded me a bit of Blue Rocks in Nova Scotia.

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11. I had hoped to make these into a panorama, but they didn't go. Maybe I should try again now that I've got more memory in the computer.
12.
13.

12/13 And in fact I went back and tried the merge again, though it's not as successful as I had hoped. 


14.
15.
16. I suppose this one and the next one are Driftwood of the Day. It's hard to get a sense of how big this chunk is. I'm a long way back from it
17. 
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!