Monday, November 2, 2020

Macro Monday 40, a new approach

I've had some ideas, and some really bright work lights showed up, that with some light modifiers might work quite well for some photo projects. So these two are the first steps in a what might be a winter project producing a series of new images. I couldn't have produced these images without the new lights.

This is at about 4x.

This is with the 100 mm lens, and is a macro only by virtue of cropping.
Of the Day
Flower 
From October 29
This rose might end up being a study in a series of images. As of yesterday it's still hanging in there.


White Peony
Say goodbye to a stellar participant in the Of the Day feature. This is the last unblogged photo from this year. It joined the usual suspects sometime in June. The peony may show up in the running for image of the year, but I have to tell you the competition is pretty stiff this year. Just about anything in New Zealand is photogenic, and some of the beach images are campaigning hard for the podium.


Driftwood


So, my small but faithful and enthusiastic blog readers, what of the Image of the Day feature? There's a few more flower shots in the pipeline, mainly for Flowery Friday.  The peony shots are done for the year, although I can't wait to see it next year; I have ideas about lighting. Celina is not enthused about a starring role the way Curtis was. 

That leaves driftwood, and never fear, the pipeline is very long for that one indeed. Just 20200227 alone has more than a two month supply. I'd forgotten about the artsy shot, that might return if I get any suitable images. In addition to the macro project, I do have another in the visualization stages, but I'm not sure it's suitable for a series of daily shots. Something to think about.

So over the winter it's probably going to be back to just Driftwood of the Day. Or maybe something will come to me and I'll surprise you all with a new regular suspect. Or, if you have any ideas of what you'd like to see, let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Love the colours in the macro images and the white peony is gorgeous. Did you spray the water on it or did you find it like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I'll give some thought to "of the day". What about challenging yourself to photograph one household object every day?

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!