Monday, July 13, 2020

The last of that particular usual suspect

Scrolling through Facebook sure takes a lot less time when all you do is look at the notifications and a couple groups. I could get used to this. I wasn't even done my first coffee when I got through my usual morning cycle of pages. Though I sure wish there was a setting that showed you only what your friends had posted since you last looked.

So up and at'em and all that. Working on blog, thinking about what's to be done today. We're in the Southern Alberta cycle of June afternoon thunderstorms. The rest of the day is quite nice, but the storms can be locally brutal. Innisfail, just north of Calgary, looked like winter had come back. I'll be the farmers near there will be hauling out the crop insurance paperwork.

It's a lovely morning for a photo walk, and I might slip out to see what's happening in the garden, but I can't take too long.

I thought I'd lead with this flower shot, jut because they're so hard to get a nice shot, being long and pointy. I know the name of these but it's not coming to mind at the moment. (All together now, shout "flower name"). Begins with a C. Damn, now I'm stuck on the Cowsills and that famous song. That will be going through my mind today.



Today is the last of the photos Michelle took. There's been some kind words along the way, thank you, and especially thank you to Michelle, both for handling the camera and directing a clumsy model. It was more fun than I thought it would be, and I'd entertain the idea of doing it again.

While I was writing the blog the other day I mentioned black and white as a portrait choice (this one).  That gave me the thought of converting one of mine to black and white. At first that's an odd choice since I'd deliberately picked a shirt with a lovely colour that flatters me. (And I need all the flattering I can get from clothes.)

Then I thought, what the heck, lets try. Not the one of me wearing the black shirt in the park. I totally disappeared in that one. So here you are. A really similar shot to the last of the usual suspects down below, but with a slightly different expression. Also note where the brim of the glass is in relation to the hat. Lightroom has more than a dozen choices for slightly different black and white treatments and I cycled through them a couple times before landing on this one.




I'm thinking the area around my eyes are just a hint too dark here. My choice is the colour version. Yours?

Of the Day
Michelle

Curtis
My furry co-worker, sleeping on the job.

Flowers

Driftwood

Ribbon Creek

Me

2 comments:

  1. I really like the B&W version! And the last colour image is great too!

    The flower is a Columbine and you've captured it beautifully. Thanks for sharing your garden this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Michelle- that was a good set of images you captured. In staying true to form I prefer the B&W in the first pose. The tilt and turn of the head works very well, and the colour distracts from that. I have a minor quibble with the position of the glass as having that little bit of space between brim and rim works better in the second image. Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!