Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Wed morning at 8am

Behind the scene at Muriwai beach. I'd found an amazing treasure trove of driftwood and worked through it, drooling the entire time. There is vehicle beach access near there, and I climbed a dune to see if I could find it. I was thinking we could bring the car closer then explore further. Still no idea where that road is, but I sure enjoyed finding this view. I can't express the electric colour of that one tree and how it stood out from the rest of the scene.


From a walk in Fish Creek the other day. It will be no surprise to you that my fascination with wood grain and decaying vegetation got a good workout. Mom, let me know if you want a higher resolution version of this for your puzzle program.


I was a little surprised when I parked to see only 1 other car. I saw a couple other people during my walk, but far fewer than usual. I'd just assumed that many people would be escaping cabin fever. It made for a peaceful and reflective walk. (The reflection shots I tried using a swampy puddle didn't work out.) There's been lots of times when I've found a scene I like and am working the composition, only to have other people show up. Usually they see the camera and try to get out of the shot, but some ask what I'm looking at, usually assuming it's birds.

There are all sorts of little nooks and crannies in the park, and I'm still finding new places. Or maybe they are places I've been to during another season and they look entirely different. Sometimes you can hear people quite clearly, and yet they are completely out of sight. It's kind of fun to be hunkered down, shooting a chunk of wood, as people pass on a path that isn't far away at all. Yet they have no idea anyone is close to them, and some of the topics of conversation are, well, private.

Curtis
Another from a portrait session in mid-April. The light was quite nice, and he didn't mind posing at all.

Garden shot of the Day
Introducing a new feature. There may other garden shots showing up elsewhere in the blog if it's topical or if I feel like it, but this seems like a good way for you to see some of the other shots. This one is from back in early April when there was still snow on the ground.  There can still be colour even in winter.


Driftwood of the Day
A driftwood panorama for your enjoyment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!