Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Spring, going strong, but

Nature is hard at doing spring. In Calgary that often means snow flurries, so people are cautious about getting out into their yards and gardens. This year, what with the lock down, I think people are more eager than usual. Linda has been out, cautiously working on cleaning up. We have seen a few bees out doing their thing. I picture a bee taskmaster with a little clipboard, issuing bees some honey for fuel and instructions to scope out flowers. No idea how much nectar the dahlias and other early flowers are producing.

Another daffy for you. It's an auspicious sign that it was rain falling, not snow.


 The rain brought out the colour in some roses left over from last year.



We aren't quite at the time to enjoy the flowers and a glass of wine. Almost, but not quite. Still, I'm sure you can imagine yourself sitting there, with a glass of wine. In the warm sunshine.


Curtis

Driftwood of the Day
There were many examples of fantastic creatures in the driftwood, and I don't comment on them. I figure you will see, or not see them for yourself. I'm not normally interested in the kelp or seaweed or other vegetation. But this was tangled up in the driftwood in an enchanting way, suggesting an eel trying to break free.


Oh, and I snuck in an atypical blog. It's here if you haven't seen it. No photos, just commentary about photos. And not even my photos. These are imaginative photos, but not imaginary. There is a link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!