Saturday, May 30, 2020

Languid

The photo of Curtis a little further down the page perfectly expresses how I feel this morning. There's a couple projects on the go. The lodge needs another coat of stain, so Friday was sanding and pressure washing. There's a doorway pergola thingie to be built. Friday was picking up supplies. Saturday, as you read this, I'll be busy.

The other project is going to be selecting image of the month. It's been a bumper crop for great flower shots. I think the tulips are still jealous about how well the white peony has done in the image of the month, and have been putting on a great show in the morning light. Then there's my favourite model, we had great light that evening, and captured some wonderful shots.

Another month almost done, transitioning from essentially winter, to essentially summer.  Going from the first daffys poking their heads out of the ground with ice still in the back patio, to drinking wine there in the evening.

During May I've been trying to pick up the pace a little here. I'd been getting back into running, and was pretty pleased, but then my legs started getting a bit cranky about it so I took a break. I'd meant to walk every day instead, but that's been, shall we say, extremely irregular. I've been starting a list of other things to get done, but I haven't made the progress I'd like.

It's been a weird year for personal projects. I wasn't too stressed about January, it was crappy out and we knew we were leaving mid Feb till mid March. I figured I'd get home and edit photos, and do other stuff in between. Well then the virus thing happened. I edited photos, but didn't get much else done. It seemed I was busy, but didn't get much done. I can't really figure that out.

April was mostly hanging out waiting for winter to be gone. Even the first part of May was like that; we were still getting big frost a couple days ago. It seemed really hard to get out and do things, and even the inside projects didn't get much progress.

But now there's a bit of a deadline, or so it seems. More details when it's all flanged up for good. There's still several moving parts.

 I've been looking through photos and have no idea what to show you. So here's some random shots from last year's trip to Yukon.

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

Of the Day
Michelle


Curtis
This photo describes how I've felt for much of this year so far.


Flower


Driftwood


1 comment:

  1. The Yukon continues to look gorgeous. I've been thinking about the weirdness of the year. I'm reminded of the directive "break-down or break-through". With the normal societal signposts of behaviour on hiatus, many of the normal rhythms of our our lives aren't there. This in turns means that the we alone are responsible for the rhythms of our weeks. Some days that is hard and I don't have the energy, and on other days I'm awake early with a mission in mind - strange days. Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!