Wednesday, November 20, 2019

A strange age group podium

My eye doctor says I'm, or rather my eyes, are on the age group podium for health. No cataracts, no macular degeneration, no glaucoma, essentially no change from the last exam 2 years ago. He said the eyeball photos could go in the training manual as exactly what a healthy eye should look like. So that makes me happy.

I was out in the snowstorm yesterday trying to capture the interesting moody light. Last night I thought I'd succeeded. Today, I looked at the same photos and wondered what was I thinking? Still, I got a few photos out of it that I liked.

During a lull in the snowstorm. I got lots of other photos. Maybe I'll like them better tomorrow.

Later in the evening I went out for a walk just as the snow was stopping.



Linda's winter decorations buried under snow.

Deadwood of the Day




2 comments:

  1. Number 1 is wonderful and just shy of absolutely brilliant. My quibble, as you can probably guess is the line where the shrubs meet the snow. The current angle does not register as purposeful. So to my eye it needs to be either horizontal or more pronounced. Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Maybe I should look more at the other images. If you love this one, you might like the other ones. That angle was tricky. In fact the camera is level and there is a slight grade. By opening it up a bit more on either side there are a couple vertical elements, but they're ugly. I tried making that line level, but then there is a pronounced lean to the trees that I didn't like. Decisions, decisions.

      Delete

Looking forward to reading your comment!