Friday, October 4, 2019

Actual reflections

Last you saw I had stroked off everything on my to do list from yesterday, but for the photo ramble. That got done too!

I'm a sucker for reflection shots. Fish Creek is cruel sometimes, taunting you with lovely colour, but then a skiff of wind ruffles the surface and the reflection is gone. But not yesterday. Here's the photos from a walk in Fish Creek near bridge 6 and 7.

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.
This sort of looks like a reflection, but in fact is not.

7.
The camera didn't really capture just how gold the stream was running.

8.

9.
I'd put an iPhone version of this up on Instagram at the time. This is why I prefer a real camera over the iPhone.

10.
Even though this isn't a reflection, I'm strongly reminded of last fall's walk with my buddy Amy on Elbow island that produced several lovely reflection shots.


11.

12.

13.

Driftwood of the Day


Lynx of the Day


2 comments:

  1. 1, 12, and 14 are particularly successful.
    1 for the line of the creek, overall composition,the contrast of snow to autumn - we're in transition.
    12 for the found beauty and the contrast between concrete and gold. I'm not sure if the bridge railing is necessary..
    14 for the range of texture and the choices on what is in focus.
    Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reflections we had that day were remarkable!!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!