Monday, September 2, 2019

A misty walk in Fish Creek

We don't get a lot of fog here. When we do it's usually a cold and dank fog that isn't much fun to be out in and it burns off pretty quick once the sun rises. That or a cold ice fog. Pretty but not a lot of fun to be out in for a long time.

So there I was yesterday, sipping coffee and watching the fog not go away. When I finished I galvanized myself into action, got the camera and socks, and headed down into Fish Creek. I was hoping for fog between the trees shots, but there wasn't much of that. Some fog along the river, and some lovely wet stuff shots showed up.

This was warm and damp in a nice way. A surprising number of other people were out enjoying the morning.

Bridge two showing off again.


I spent a while looking at this, and trying a couple different compositions. The shot I wanted, or thought I wanted involved walking out into the creek. I normally don't have a problem doing that, but I'd chosen the wrong shoes and didn't want to do it barefoot.


Look up, way up. See the tiny sign at the top of the scree slope? Look harder. I was reading that sign during the scary scramble blog post. Looking down this wasn't even the scary part.




 My eyes saw a tiny spiral staircase of drops, but the camera didn't seem to pick it up.






This almost looks like some Norse raider lost a cloak brooch.

These droopy leaves are everywhere, but most of them are not a good shot. I waded through a ton of wet grass to get these.



It just stood still and posed for me. Of course I took the shot.

Peony of the Day
(July 16)


Driftwood of the Day

1 comment:

  1. There are a number of photos in this set that I found particularly appealing.
    5 - for the twisted blade of grass is a nice counter-point to the petals
    6 - for the form, format and water droplets
    11 - for the familiarity (this is not the first session for this tree)
    17 - for the composition and the wet / dry (wilted) contrast
    Cheers, Sean

    Note from Keith, this comment originally appeared on the August Image of the month post. I've copied it here. My bad for not numbering the photos.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!