Monday, September 23, 2019

A few more random Yukon photos

That was a lot of photos to look at during and after the trip. Even after subtracting the aurora and related photos, there are still many. I don't know how many, and I'm almost don't want to know. I'm not even sure how I'd go about counting how many.

In any case, here we are with some unblogged photos. They are in no particular order.

The ferry at Dawson coming to get us. The Yukon river is quite swift here, so watching the ferry go back and forth is kind of interesting. Shot this at twilight after a visit to the scenic overlook. I don't know how a river moving that swiftly can be so smooth.
1.

One of the ponds left behind on Bonanza Creek. You can see the smoke in the air.
2.

Claim 33 has lots of interesting old equipment I might blog later. This is an old Packard car, or what remains of it, with a beautiful background.
3.

The confluence of the Yukon and Klondike rivers, with some smoke drifting through the valley.
4.

There were some sharp eyes in our group. One time they spotted a bald eagle 43 miles off in the distance. We stopped and hauled out our big lenses, but none of my shots are as sharp as I'd like. Another time they spotted this herd of Thin Horn Sheep down the riverbank, across the river, and buried in the undergrowth. They were giving us the stink eye.
5.

More tundra. More wide open space. There are a few times in the hot tub I've felt a bit uncomfortable when someone crowds my personal space, even though there is lots of room elsewhere. Once they were quite rude, and sat close enough for me to put my arm around him, and essentially pushed me off the good jets. I thought about that while I was taking this photo, wondering how that person would cope if they woke up in the middle of this to realize there was nobody around for a great many kilometres. 
6.

A man and his tundra. He sat on a tussock and eventually felt the ice.
7.

Some tundra closeups. These were mainly to show Sandra what the 100 mm macro would do for flower shots. She is writing a book.
8.

9.

The colour contrast here was startling, the blue, red, and greens just popped!
10.

Driftwood of the Day


Lynx of the Day

1 comment:

Looking forward to reading your comment!