Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Up close and far away in Canmore

One of the deals Linda gets with membership in the Horticultural Society is garden tours. People that have poured their heart and soul into their garden open it up to let strangers walk through and look over your work. To say some of these gardens are spectacular is an understatement.

Yet these first two are the view from the back yard of the first garden we visited. Just an ordinary photo of the mountains in nothing special light, and they look great. I'd be seriously distracted if this was my view out the back. I might never take the camera anywhere else.


This one is a little different, taken from the road in front of the last garden we visited, using the big 150-600 lens, but it's actually 6 photos merged together. This is the first time in a while I've done such an image, and I wasn't sure it was going to work. I lost a lot in the cropping because I didn't do the overlapping very well. Plus it's a hazy day so I converted to B&W.


These are all at the first garden we visited, and I'm pretty sure my regular readers know why I took these. You know what not to ask me.




Peony of the Day (July 10)


Driftwood of the Day
I would have liked to get the rock a little further off centre, and get a bit more of the grain, but there was some charring that totally destroyed the mood of the shot.

This is a little further down the same log, still loving the grain, but this shot is a technical failure. I include it only because I know some people really like the grain structure and rock contrast. Please try to overlook the out of focus areas. My bad.



1 comment:

  1. I like the micro-landscapes of both driftwoods of the day. The out of focus areas were of course intentional and those areas are not distracting. Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!