Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Shhhh! It's a secret.

Where I am, that is. Soon I'm to be bundled blindfolded into a van, driven around a random route, periodically let out for some fresh air, to a secret location for a secret purpose. I'll tell you about it later. So today's blog is short, but you may have missed yesterday's with some lovely landscapes.

In the mean time, you will have to content yourself with this. Even so, I fear the web version is nothing as nice as the subtle shades of red and hints of texture that I see in the full size version. Red is difficult, and I'm struggling with the red peony in other shots, but I'm pretty pleased here.




Rock of the Day
Yes, the same rock. When Sean and I were heading out we feared it had been raining and the soil would be slick and gummy to the extent it would be unsafe to walk around. The dryness creates it's own problems though, in that it crumbles really easily. I had to do a bit of scrabbling to get the vantage point I wanted for that first photo. I know you like the rock, but which of the three photos of it do you like?




The photos bring to mind a philosophical question. Is that one rock or two rocks? Why? Or is it a pair of rocks in the same sense that a pair of pants is one thing?

Another question. The event that split the rock so neatly, do you think it was a slow creeping event, or a sudden pop and anyone standing beside it would get squished? I looked but didn't see any bones poking out, just the plant.

Driftwood of the Day

1 comment:

  1. From Sean's omnibus comment
    "• Excellent petal
    • Speaking of petals, I like the first of the 3 rocks for the same reason I like petals – it’s for the edge."

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!