Sunday, June 2, 2019

They stalked me during visit to favourite tree

There is a tree in Fish Creek
(Channeling Eric Burton here, House of the Rising Sun).
that I dream of draping some models in run gear all over.

At the moment, though, they'd need to be pretty intrepid, willing to get their feet wet. (Any takers?)


I started to feel watched, and suddenly I saw the mama stink eye.


 A few seconds after that this fawn walked out and said hello.


This was during a two purpose bike ride. One to see what's up with construction on 37th. (As an aside I can't stand when videos start with 'what's up?'. I'll usually hit the skip button right then.) Yes, there's still lots of construction.

The other purpose was to see what my knee would think. So far, so good. Next time I should try to get out on my road bike Estela. Then maybe a run? I'm beginning to feel itchy for a run.

Up 37 across the pedestrian bridge to Glenmore, down 24th to Woodsomething, down into the swanky end to get to the bike path, down to look at the new wet pond, down to bridge 3, along the river to my tree, and back up 37 st. So a nice easy ride on my sweet recently tuned (in bike time) hybrid by the KMA team.

What else happened? Some wood, some flowers. You know.




I first saw a mouth emerging from the trees. With teeth.






This blog has actually taken a long time to write. I've been watching music reaction videos, which are lots of fun. Right this second is Nathaniel Rateliff live. They start with Need Never Get Old, and I'm thinking the audience is dead. This is one of the catchiest bluesy rock and roll tunes ever, and the audience is just sitting there.

And no, you don't escape Driftwood of the Day



No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!