Saturday, June 22, 2019

Critters

I was out for a walk in Fish Creek after the rains, just to see what I would see. This critter was calm. Aware of me from a fair distance, but not frightened. It walked off in a sedate way, and it's surprising how fast it vanished into the trees.


I startled this critter, and it splashed down the creek desperate to get away from me. I was so startled I didn't get the camera up to my face till it was some distance away. I'm pretty sure this is a coyote.

This critter recently had her right eye fixed. They removed cataracts and installed a lens, and now she doesn't need to wear glasses for that eye. It's a little odd for me to see her reading without them, with the book at a normal distance. Before the surgery she's been reading with the book right up to her nose, which is a bit disconcerting.

You get some recent green on green, and some red on green. I'm sure you can work out which is which. The rose is from our garden, one of the first blooms on that plant.


Somewhere in Fish Creek. Don't ask. I just like the pattern of leaves.

Rock of the Day
You may have seen this on Instagram



Driftwood of the Day
It looks more like sponge, I know. I think it's going to break down and fall apart soon.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a coyote to me. Good thing s/he skidaddled. They've gotten quite bold and sometimes dangerous in our neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!