Wednesday, May 8, 2019

The trees are different

I loved the trees in New Zealand. There was something about their shapes and the way the light reflected off them that really appealed to me.  I think a couple of these may have snuck into the blog already.

They are in whatever order. If you really have to know where a particular tree was, ask in a comment. I can go back through the date and file name, and then look at my photo diary. There may be some comments along the way because I can't help myself.

And before you even ask, I have no idea what any of these are called. Perhaps my Kiwi SIL might know. If you ask really nice I'll pass it along.

Do you see the ship?


The photo does not do justice to the light here.






This one I'm pretty sure has been published. Now that I look at it on the big screen, it is ever so slightly not in focus. Sigh. It was done on the way home from a star shoot in Dunedin. This is in the park across the road from our condo.

I'm not sure what the roots are hanging onto, but I admired the tenacity of this little tree. Shot from a train, so there was no second chance.

Pity about the power lines. I've come back to it several times, though. Even the power lines are growing on me. While it would be nice to tell a story about waiting for the light and the dramatic clouds, while moving my vantage point here and there to find the perfect spot, I have to say I shot this from a train at about 80 Kph. There was no time to think.


Oh man, I was captivated! I stood looking up for a while, even after taking the photo. It didn't look quite real, almost like it's out of a movie. In this case, the photo does do the light justice. I'd never seen anything quite like it.








We walked past this tree, up and down this steep hill several times, and I loved it each time.


Something about the light shimmering through the trees.




I wondered how this tree will do. It isn't far from a vehicle access to the beach, and it would be really easy for it to get run over. I was having some quiet time in the shade when I noticed it. That sand was so hot I had to wear my flip flops.

A tree in the heart of Auckland, I was surprised to see it, and loved the light. We sat in a public square for a while listening to a remarkably good musician, good enough I put a bunch of gold coins in his case.


1 comment:

Looking forward to reading your comment!