Friday, May 17, 2019

Sort of toward Mexico, I think

This is one of the discoveries after the fact. I'd got the full moon shot, (not quite what I'd hoped for, but pretty close), and was working on the ship, the moon, and the shimmer. For whatever reason I didn't like this one at the time, but do now. This is looking out to sea from Napier, in a sort of NE kind of direction. Go far enough on that great circle route and you find Mexico. I think.


This was a wonderful night! I really enjoyed being out on a warm evening beside the ocean, looking at the moon rise. Lots of other people were out strolling. The only thing missing was someone selling gelato. Maybe that should be my next career, moving to New Zealand to become an itinerant gelato vendor, taking photos, and selling the best as I  bike around. Hmmm. I wonder what the relevant authorities in NZ would think of that?

Driftwood of the Day
This is the one that people will not believe is how I found it. All the other ones it's easily possible to imagine the waves pounding a chunk of wood into the gravel in such a way the gravel is embedded. Or that the waves splash a piece of gravel on top of a chunk of driftwood, and it stays that way till wind, or water, or something pushes it off.

But this? No way. A human did this. But what's important for my 'as found' rule, it wasn't me. I didn't stack those up, this indeed is just the way I found it. I just wandered around trying to find the best angle to shoot from.


2 comments:

  1. That IS a lovely moonshot. Wish I'd been there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first photo is lovely. I like that the moon and boat are not centred, as that composition contributes to the sense of peacefulness. Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!