Monday, May 13, 2019

A forgotten landscape, and stars

I was scrolling through photos and found this one. Just looking at it, I have no memory of taking the photo. From the date I know it has to be near Napier, taken from a scenic lookout.


From the back yard of our Airbnb outside of Napier. I had such high hopes for the dark sky, and there was a huge bright orange streetlight at the bottom of the driveway. I ended up moving closer to the house to be in the shade, shooting up the hill. You can see the orange light on the trees at the top of the hill. Please try to ignore the whacking great flaw in this shot.


From near Sherenden, before my lens fogged up.


Yes, I'm still thinking about the many star shots I got during the trip. Hope to get to them soon.


Driftwood of the Day
One of my readers commented on the colour in the driftwood over the last several days. Now we're back to white. I tried this one in B&W, but there's just enough colour in the stones that I didn't want to lose that.


2 comments:

  1. I actually love the orange light highlighting the trees! Makes for a super cool shot! And that driftwood is one of my favorites so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Jan on the stars with orange trees. The orange adds to the capture. Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!