Saturday, March 2, 2019

Driving to the moon

Or some of the craters thereof. Like this one.


Or this one. I have video of this one so you can hear the sound of the steam escaping. It sounded a bit like a distant but well behaved jet engine.


Here Linda is deciding that in fact, this is NOT the clothing optional beach, or even the path to it. Hot enough to be though.

On the way there I got a couple lovely misty landscape shots that I want to sleep on and maybe tweak the Lightroom settings again when my eyes are working better. There are a bunch of shots I'll want to work on again on a desktop. I wish I'd thought to flag those somehow so I wouldn't have to look for them.

We are coming to the end of our trip. I note that it is still cold AF in Calgary. This is fine for now, but will be completely unacceptable in less than a week. We have one more day here, then fly back to Auckland, have essentially two days there and fly out that evening. The weather has till then to get control of itself. So the blogging may get a bit erratic here. Don't panic.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm looking forward to the 14 hour flight home. The nice people help you get settled, then they bring champagne and orange juice. There is a little package of toiletries including a blindfold I'll be making big use of. They keep bringing really good food. It's quiet and dim and I'm not driving. I might watch a movie, but maybe not. Sleeping sounds like a good idea.

Coming to the end of our trip!!! :-((((( We were looking forward to it for so long, and it's gone by so quickly.


1 comment:

  1. You must be flying business class! They don't offer orange juice and bubbly in steerage, do they?

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!