Saturday, January 26, 2019

This bird had it's eye on my lunch

Today was scouting astro photo locations. (hint, that's not what I told Linda, don't give it away...)

We went up to Moke Lake, and holy doodle that is a bit of a scary road. We saw one vehicle high centered off the edge. Mostly there was just room for two small vehicles to pass, but sometimes not. I suspect they caught the edge and went half over. No cell service. No idea what happens next.

There is a campsite there and it seems to be a popular destination. It would be awesome for astro, if some idiot doesn't fire up their megawatt propane lantern, and if the idea of driving that road in the dark, facing some maniac in a rush, didn't frighten me so much. I think if I was going to do it, I'd go up before sunset, and shoot till it was light again. Don't have time for that this trip.

Then up the road to Glenorchy, looking for more good spots. There are lots of potential. The town itself is small and had lots of people wandering through. Not one, not two, not three, but four, count'em, four Chinese wedding party photo parties. Plus one more in Moke Lake, though maybe that was an engagement shot. Crappy light for it, but maybe she had an umbrella in her kit.

We had an awesome lunch at the Glenorchy cafe. Tres yummy sandwiches and dessert. I was a bit nervous, with this bird watching me.


The one groom had the exact same camera and lens as me, and his bride had a nice smile. He was using a remote to selfie the photos.


I don't know who this is. I liked watching her hair flutter in the wind.


I know who this is.


Plus two dragonflies. One was quite inquisitive, hanging around watching us, twitching just enough to make it hard to shoot.



It just started raining. I don't know if that means it will rain itself out and the clouds will go away for another clear night. Or not. In any case, I'm going to bed soon. If I wake up and see stars I'm out of here. If I don't wake up, I needed the sleep more than the star shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!