Saturday, September 15, 2018

Zoom!

It's nice being busy. Three photoshoots in as many days. Two for the community association, and one for my buddy Jayne that got mentioned yesterday.

Today was community clean up day, where the City sends some garbage trucks, and a compost truck. A big bin for metal shows up, as does one for e-recycling, and a paper shredder. Paint and tires can be left as well.

There are some mixed feelings about these clean up days. All the paper! The paper shredder guy was going steady. People dumping paper into the bin, and the guy running the controls to dump the bin into the shredder. I have paperwork going back decades that I probably should shred at such an event.

I overheard one couple asking for help getting a biggish TV out of the back of their car. Well, small by the standards of today, I suppose, though only a few years ago it would have been viewed as impossibly big and impossibly thin. Now it can't be given away.

All sorts of stuff shows up at the swap table. Some of it just sat there. I was happy to see 4 bicycles being taken away, though 2 more went into the metal bin. There were a few people hovering, eyeing the stuff as it came in. They made constant trips out to their truck. I'm not sure if they were collecting for a garage sale, or for personal use or what.

As always, the volunteers were champs, helping people get to where they needed to be. When I'm feeling depressed by world news, I need only think about one of these events. Local people helping out their community. If you go to the photo folder (link below) you'll see lots of smiling faces.

I got this selfie out of it.


Yes, it was a misty day out. If you have a mind to, you can go over to my photoblog and look for the WCA page.

Plus a cat panorama, playing with the behemoth lens.


I'm not done. There is a macro photoshoot tomorrow, and I have tentative plans for a really exciting photo shoot last week of the month. Both of them have me quivering!

1 comment:

Looking forward to reading your comment!