Thursday, August 23, 2018

I took the wrong lens to the office today

The office today was in Fish Creek As in, in the creek. I've done this a few times, and it's a great experience. It's different every time. I was thinking about which lens to take, and I goofed. Here's the first thing I saw, standing on bridge 7. I'd though seriously about bringing the 70-200 mm lens and that would have been good. Instead I brought the 24-105. Not gonna bring 2 lenses for a walk in the creek.
1

2
You may have seen this shot already on Facebook or Instagram.

3

4
Calm, for reflections.

5
Look carefully! It's not just rocks. I got lucky and caught a dragonfly in flight.

6
I was loving the light here. This patch is normally pretty boggy so I've never been here.

7

8

9
Up on the hill a bit. Normally there'd be a nice view of the mountains. Not. Stupid smoke.

10
Bridges 5 and 6.

11
I'm amazed people ride on this path. Walking along a little further in the direction behind me in this photo, the edge drops off quite dramatically.

12
Bridge 5, if you can see it in the haze.

I only saw a few other people. I heard one guy, yapping into his phone for a while, but mostly it was quiet. The creek is low, and the trickling over the rocks sound is wonderfully soothing. I couldn't hear construction equipment at all.

If you want to join me for a walk like this, let me know.

2 comments:

  1. My buddy Deloris says " Don't know if the comment I posted got to you, so am reposting here. Love the first picture, and I did find the dragonfly! Go me!
    "

    ReplyDelete
  2. My buddy Sophia says "I want to join you for a walk. I think smoke will be gone by Oct. hopefully not the leaves. I’ll even go for a walk in the S-N-O-W. as along as it’s just a skiff. I liked almost all your pics...but I really loved your reflections one.
    "

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!