Friday, January 5, 2018

Before it's too late

More of the night shoot just after Christmas with my buddy Sean. We were out near an old workplace of mine. It's changed a lot, as has just across the road, but much of the nearby area is much the same as it ever was.

I like the when the crane operators dress them up. The sky really isn't purple, that's just a camera sensor artifact.

The intent was to get the building and steam plume as a lighted smeary background to the tree. The problem is the wind was quite strong just then, and I was freezing my tail off, so I wasn't inclined to play with the settings.

I wonder how often this gets used?

Now that I think about it, maybe this should have been an HDR shot.

Yes, I'm still working on the image of the year. I'm down to 3, so I've made big progress, at least I think so. A winner and two runners up seems reasonable. But which is which?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!