Friday, November 17, 2017

A frosty wetlands walk

There was a grumpy email about process failures. Originally there was going to be a long and detailed rant here, but the email made me feel better enough, and the actual process that the grumpy making process was hindering went well enough that I'm feeling better, so there is no rant here on that topic. Sorry about that, I know you guys like my rants. The whole thing involved my nearly perfect blood and enough said about that.

After that was a short fun walk through a wetlands beautiful with frost. That helped me feel better. Most people would be surprised to learn where this is.


Someone else had the same idea I did.


It being a wetlands, nobody should be surprised there were lots of birds, especially geese and ducks.

Still a surprising amount of colour.

 This wasn't part of the wetlands proper, but I was quite charmed. There didn't seem to be any birds in residence.

I'm not sure what it is, but this scene really struck me. I enjoyed the view a few minutes, then moved around to find the perfect shot. You may have seen it on Instagram

For at least a few of my readers, this and the next photo are a tip for location. I loved how the light broke through the mist and really lighted up that first tree. The wetlands are only a short walk away.

I'd known there was a Canada 150 thingie, but I hadn't seen it. I came across it, and the first thing I thought was that it would be fun to take the photo from behind it, so it would be a mirror image. The only problem is that you'd have to use a really wide lens, or be willing to stand on lagoon ice of unknown thickness. Not me. I got a conventionally boring shot, only 4.5 months late.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!