Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Some blossoms that need to get a room

The flower parade continues. Every day I go out and there are new blossoms, or different photo opportunities come to eye. Sometimes I finally notice things I've never noticed before.

Like this sombrero blossom, or rather the remnants of it. Kudos to anyone who knows what plant this is. Hint, it's something in our garden.


I just can't get over the lily colours. Pink isn't a big colour for me anytime, except lily blooming time. This photo barely does justice to the pink.

That little blue blossom appears to be looking up the peony skirt, or getting ready to dive in, or something. I probably don't want to know.

And these two! I don't think I've ever seen such a suggestive display from our plants.

 Rain, finally. Nice gentle rain to slowly soak into the ground. I managed to get the lawn mowed just before the rain, so I will not have a jungle when it dries out, and the freshly cut lawn didn't go brown and fry in the sun.

There was a run yesterday, 4 k, 27 minutes flat, feeling pretty good. I suppose I should have gone for a swim this morning, but I was feeling sleepy listening to the rain. In the exercise holy crap department I just saw video of a guy race walking a mile in 5:31. Yup. Walking. I'm really pleased to run a 10 minute mile, and would love to do so regularly, but cannot imagine myself running a 5:31 mile, which is a 3:24 K.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!