Saturday, June 24, 2017

The dread Alberta rose

We have an Alberta rose just beside the garage. I'm quite sure it has plans for world dominance or something. It waves it's thorny branches in a menacing way, hoping to drag some prey in. There are roots and shoots springing up in the lawn and down the walk way between the neighbour's house a surprising distance.

Today I learned what it's role model is. The Millarville market has a rose growing beside one of the buildings. I was terrified.


Br'er Rabbit probably lives in there sometimes.

In comparison here's one of our roses. Still getting it's growth.


And another rose bud, a different one. Because I know you can't get enough.

Lastly, an arty shot. There was so much green in it, and I was looking for an alternative view. A few of you may have seen this on a Facebook groups page.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!