Monday, June 19, 2017

Macro Monday, and a followup

Last Monday I was out with the extension tubes and got a bunch of nice macro photos. This one struck me almost more as a science fiction novel cover.


Or this, I could almost see this as a spaceship design.


Some of you want to know how I'm feeling after the half marathon on Saturday. Pretty darned good! I didn't do much the rest of the day, but Sunday I was up and around for a walk with Linda, and stained a section of fence.

Today was a swim, massage, picked up Linda and went for lunch. Afterward I braved the hell of Costco, complete with people that had no concept of other people having a place to be, and wanting to be there. I didn't run anyone down, but it was close for one woman. She saw the dead look in my eyes at the last moment and moved. Otherwise it was going to be a scene from Mad Max with the trophy impaled on the front of the shopping cart.

In the photo surprise department, one of my neighbours has asked if I have a photo of a particular plant, (I'm pretty sure I do), and about how much would a print be. Somehow he had never struck me as an art kind of guy, but his money is the same colour as everyone else's.

I'll leave you with this rose. Linda says it's a Therese Bugnet. Unfortunately it's got thrips that are eating the buds, so this might be the best one this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!