Monday, September 19, 2016

Right out of the camera

There's a story I read in a book about working with photographs. The young new photographer shows this beautiful photo to the grizzled pro photographer during a job interview. "That's a great shot," the pro says. "How long did it take you to get those effects?"

"Hours! This and that till it was perfect."

"Hmmm," the pro thought, then said, "That's too bad, I'd be interested in seeing what you could do in a few minutes. I can't afford for a shot to take hours."

I haven't played with any one photo for hours (yet). Part of the process is knowing when to stop. And sometimes, that's right at the beginning. I've had a few shots right out of the camera that I don't want to touch, though maybe other photographers would. This was shot with the new lens during a walk around the neighbourhood, taken only to show Linda how far away from the flower I had to be to get it to focus, as opposed to the 100 mm macro lens where you can get right into the flower's little face.
The only thing I did was crop to 16x9.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!