Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Remember when your mother said

"If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

And Dorothy Parker said, "If you can't say anything nice, come sit next to me."

I have been known to have acerbic opinions on various matters from time to time. I had some yesterday. Lots of them. I slept on them. (Slept really well, btw.)

I feel much better about it today, mainly because I can count the hours in the office till vacation on the fingers of one hand. Today and tomorrow is a Maximo training course, then a part day on Friday. Many of my (ex) team members will be at the training course, since it's not on Penn West property, and not given by Penn West. I'm looking forward to catching up with them, and seeing how they are doing.

So I've decided, for now at least, that the better part of discretion (and employment) is to say nothing at all. Unless you sit next to me and bring a large coffee. A good chocolate chip cookie might loosen my tongue. (hint, hint)

There was another excellent swim yesterday, 1K 18:22 mostly relaxed, working on catch and stroke timing. Oddly enough I had the pool almost to myself. Then some water running, and some water core. That all felt really good.

The federal election has been heating up again. I'm personally appalled and disgusted by the antics of some of the candidates, though that limerick was hysterical. I don't know who wrote it, but they are a genius, on the site https://twitter.com/limericking.

A technician who once had a pee
In a mug that he happened to see
While visiting clients
To fix an appliance
Now wishes to be their MP.

Not anymore he doesn't, and good riddance. Who would ever hire him again?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!