Friday, July 31, 2015

But it's a DRY heat

Poor me. I had not known the Purple Perk had such awesome treats! I was dithering there, that's for sure.

I got in a bit of a swim first. They were about to move the bulkhead so I didn't want to start a timed swim or anything. I'm getting my pool stroke back, so that's good. Water ran a bit. Hot tub.

Then over to the Perk to meet Katie for coffee. As some of you might remember, Katie coached me to Ironman in 2010, and we've been buddies ever since. I live vicariously through her, what with all her various adventures. Other than saying hello at the pool in passing, we haven't chatted for a little while, so it was good to get caught up.

Treats. Yum!

Over to Strides. The Mizuno shoes I got a couple weeks ago were not comfortable to run in. They were very good about trading them in. The new ones are Brooks. I took them for an easy 3 K run, 20:30, in 31 C, and I have happy feet. My lower quads are still a bit stiff and sore, but they relaxed a bit during the run. Where my knees actually hurt during the last run, on this one my legs felt just a bit unstable and niggelly. I'm hoping in a couple runs they will settle down.

Linda had got us two garden boxes. I assembled it and dug out what passed for grass there. There will be some Irises going in there.

Today is a full month of blogging every day. I hope you're not getting tired of me. (What's that you say? You can send your complaints to keith.cartmell@bitemybutt.com.) It's been fun. So far no writers block. I sit, I start writing. Grumble about Photostream sometimes. Try to fend off the cats so I can type. There are days I'm positive Curtis wants to demonstrate his literary talents.

Keep your eyes peeled for a new feature. I might get rid of the top 10 by readership, and substitute different ones chosen by a sophisticated algorithm to appeal to my readers. Which translates to the ones I think are interesting, or you might have missed.

Lastly, Harper is about to, or just has called an election. Longest and most expensive in recent Canadian history. How like him. I can't help myself, there are likely to be rants about the whole darned thing. So stay tuned. I'll try to make it clear in the title, so if you don't want to read, you can give them a miss. But why would you want to miss my trenchant commentary?

We are sitting outside, enjoying the dry heat, eating Rocky Road ice cream, drinking wine, and chatting. So nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!