Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The lane divider was hungry, but I conquered!

In the pool today. I ended up with two things.

This is a result of the lane divider trying to eat my hand. It looked redder and angrier than that in real life.

The other thing is the best 1000 m swim time in several decades! Back in the day, before some of my readers were born, I'd routinely swim a sub 18 minute km. It's been a long, long time. This is a better swim than anything done since I started training for Ironman.

The number?

17:50

That is 40 seconds better than just a couple weeks ago for the same distance! This is what stroke improvement will do for you.

Even better, I know I can go faster, since my catch sucked the first part of the swim. The improvement is mainly cleaning up my recovery, and kicking a bit harder. This gave me a better roll. At least some of the time I was trying to breathe out during the stroke. No idea if that makes a difference.

So yes, I'm pleased.

I was pretty out of breath at the end but not ready to puke. Another 500 m of drill and kick rounded it out.

5 comments:

  1. Great job sir! ps. I was born in 1977-before then??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome time!!!! I note that I am not one of those readers....sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congrats on the time! You'd definitely school me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Izzy, thanks for commenting! I recognize a couple of the blogs in your blogroll, and will have to check more of them out later.

      Delete

Looking forward to reading your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...