Friday, February 20, 2015

A good bad movie

It's been a heck of a work week. Way too many hours. Probably the most stressful deadline week on this job. My poor boss. I'm reasonably certain we saved her from being fired. That's what work is these days, right? Working like a dog, stressing over an artificial deadline that you had no input or control over.

I could explain the structural details of the Maximo database that were the real hurdle for us, but I won't. You can thank me later with dark chocolate.

When I got home Thursday night after the longest work day in several years, I was in no mood. I poured a big glass of wine, got some cheese and crackers, and settled in for a good bad movie. There are times when that's exactly what you need, and the one Linda picked out was perfect.

Sharknado. Need I say more?

We happily chortled our way through it and I was feeling much better when it was over. Bedtime right after, sleeping like a log.

The plan was to go for a swim on Friday, but I didn't. For the first time in a long time I didn't want to. I rolled over and slept in a bit more.

Now I'm home again, sipping wine, writing this blog. There will be a bit more wine, and I'll sleep in tomorrow. There is wine stuff to do. I'm sure I'll be busy, but I hope not too busy.

Curtis has done something to his left paw, and is favoring it. But he wouldn't limp for the vet, so he asked for some video footage. Given people love photos of him, you ought to be falling all over yourselves to watch a short video of him. I confidently expect there to be a zillion views by morning.

You can totally understand how well he blends into the floor, and how he's nearly been stepped on a few times. Not that the cat judge will believe it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOyaGSlPZDA

2 comments:

  1. Yep, definitely favouring the paw. Casey was doing something similar and we discovered her toenails had curved into the toepads on her paw.

    We were in the Japanese restaurant in your building today for dinner, bc we took Evie to her 1st theatre at Vertigo Theatre. We were thinking of you but I figured you had already gone home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Curtis' paw is doing better. Our pets are so good at pretending everything is fine when they go to the vet.

    I had one of those days on Wednesday. It called for pizza and wine.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!