Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The dancing bear run

The wonder of a dancing bear is not how gracefully it dances, but that it dances at all.

That was my thought throughout the run this after noon. The lumber, almost T Rex-ish again for the first time in a while. 22 minutes for 3 K doesn't leave much time for thinking, but that was it.

My legs just felt heavy and slow, but at least I was out on a fairly nice fall afternoon. Stretched a little bit, but a bowl of awesome chili grabbed me and hauled me to the table.

The other thing I was thinking is that just lately seems to be a bit of a downturn in social media activity. At least the activity *I* see, which isn't really all that active because as you all know, I'm so shy and retiring. Still, not so much happening on FaceBook or Twitter, or other blogs. Is that happening for you?

There is another disc of Elementary calling my name. And a wine top up. And a cat to cuddle. Gotta go.

2 comments:

  1. I have noticed that, Keith. It's as if everyone's moved on to something else. Or maybe they're just busy getting into fall routines. I dunno, but it sure it quiet.

    Loved the cat photo yesterday. Those two are tooooo adorable.

    I haven't run since Saturday. Just not feeling the running love, at the moment. I've pretty much decided not to run a half in late October and all my motivation seems to have deserted me. Or maybe I'm just pooped from the relay. Better figure it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably pooped from the relay. I was struggling with motivation yesterday, but I'm glad I went. Sometimes it's hard to know if it's a motivation thing and to just suck it up, or if it's a rest/recovery thing, and better to take the day off.

      Let's just say it's getting into fall routine. It can't be anything we're doing wrong, having our readers desert us, can it?

      Delete

Looking forward to reading your comment!