Monday, September 29, 2014

A modest change

No, that doesn't mean I wrapped the towel around my middle when I changed after a swim. Some of the swim kids do, and it's kind of cute. Me, I could shower beside the front desk if that's where the warm water was.

But I did swim after a a semi-long water run with Katie. We chatted about a bunch of stuff, but I didn't look at the clock when I got in. Then I did 250 m to get into the groove, and some intervals on the minute to get used to doing them again, and some cool down.

No, the modest change is changing up my comment policy. For a long time now I've had a no anonymous comments, and moderation after 3 days. Some people have told me that Blogger is getting pissy about comments when it shouldn't be. So I've decided to turn on moderation, and accept anonymous comments.

In the 24 hours or so I've had only 4 spams that Blogger treated correctly, and one comment that awaited moderation for an hour or two. This day job you know. Now, yesterday's blog was a bit heavy, so I can appreciate that not many commented. Still, I'd appreciate if you tried leaving comments various ways to see how it works.

I will moderate out anything I think is spam. Disagreement is not spam. I'll try to check pretty regularly, but I think my day job is going to be getting busier.  As comment bait, here's another shot of Curtis and Celina. Can you see her glaring at me for disturbing her snooze?


We've been working our way through season 2 of Elementary, with Johnny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu. At first I thought I liked Sherlock (Benedict Cumerbatch and Martin Freeman) more, but I've switched. I like the teaser references to the canon, but love the stories. They rarely end up the way I think they will, and the interaction between Sherlock and Mycroft is great.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!