Thursday, August 28, 2014

screw top surprise

I've never knowingly had wine poured from a screw top bottle, until yesterday. That's not to say I've never had it, since if a glass was brought to me, I have no way of knowing what container it had been in. But all my bottles are cork. How's that line go? "Call me old fashioned."

But this was pretty darned good! I suppose eventually I won't be able to buy cork anymore and will have to go to an artificial cork, or replace my glass and got to screw tops myself. Not soon, I hope.

I'm not sure what it is lately. Walking from work to where I usually park I've been wading through people towing luggage, and people smoking. You might know I walk past the front door to the Palliser Hotel, but there isn't usually much luggage there. This was all from there towards the tower and then to the bus station near City Hall. Luggage everywhere!

And smokers. I'm trying to be calm here. Waiting on the LRT to come home today, it was broken. Lots of people waiting. And smokers just upwind, on the platform. Near the no smoking signs. This is where I want giant remote controlled fire extinguishers. I'm sure glad I don't have to use the LRT much.

The swim this morning was excellent, mainly because I was trying not to look like a weenie in front of the awesome Katie F. She was cruising back and forth, recovering from winning (first overall girl) a race last weekend. My almost full speed is barely faster than her cool down speed. Still, I was in the  water 40 minutes, lots of stuff, felt good about it.

Two work farewell lunches in two weeks. Chris the developer that started the same day as me had his last day today. Last week was my buddy Sean from Skystone. My office roomie Jason has been sick, but his last day was today too. Our little corner of the office is getting very quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!