Sunday, July 27, 2014

So I ran, at last, just a bit

The big yay is that we slept in! We've been dragging our tails always doing something. I can smell stain in my sleep, and it's the low emissions stuff.

But today we slept in, then coffee on the patio. Leisurely. Enjoying it, on a perfect summer day. Thinking a bit about the Ironman 70.3 going on not very far away at all, but not much, and certainly not enough to to go cheer.

The run graph is all over the place. I don't believe a line of it. The elevation changes are way too big, and the pace is way too variable. I know I was a bit uneven at the start, but not that uneven. In the end, it was 2 K, 16 minutes, starting slow and gradually speeding up. The first K and a bit was pretty clunky, but I was expecting that after not running for several weeks.

Google Rum Swizzles. They are really good on a patio on a sunny day. Especially after a nice bit of BBQ chicken and salad. Better with an ocean view, but I have a memory for that. Rum Swizzles = part of my afternoon. Linda was a bit more sedate.


Our friends Kris and Sophia dropped by, and we had a wonderful chat. This is what summer is all about. I'm glad I didn't try to work today. The stain experiment shows we need to let things dry a bit more and see if that makes a difference. The painting she did will wash off if I stain over it, at least now, according to the test sample. I'm happy to wait a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!