Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I failed at Savasana

This morning's swim was pretty good, for having missed several weeks worth of swim because of a complicated schedule. Mainly I got wet and swam for a while. Did a bit of water running, and swam a couple of medium fast laps, then some backstroke to cool down. The clock was too far away to see, but from starting and stopping times I'm guessing I was in the water 20 minutes or so.

The best part of the experience was the hot tub. Even though the tub was full of the swim club kids huddling in a little circle, the good jet was free till I got there.

At work I'm trying to get up regularly to move around and keep my legs mobile. That failed once, when both my office roomie and I realized at the same time we were freezing. The temperature seems to dip in the office early afternoon.

Yoga was brutal. Not our instructor! It was a perfectly nice lesson plan, but I bailed on just about everything. My left hamstrings were not happy with me, sending out pre-cramp notes of complaint. Even Savasana, I couldn't wait for it to be over. My left leg was twitching and thrashing around. Not restful at all.

Bedtime now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!