Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My legs are a wreck

Such is the professional opinion of my wonderful massage therapist. She worked on them for 1.5 hours, and there was still more to do. It was an owie, even in a good way, an owie.

Back in the pool this am. I think there is a swim meet happening, so things were a bit crowded. I swam a bit easy, and a few interval laps. Pool feel wasn't bad. The main goal was trying to get my legs to relax.

An "only you" adventure after swimming. After swim, walking to the office, and I'm normally really hot getting into the building. So today I'm trying to unzip my jacket and nothing is happening. There I am, getting hotter by the minute, trying to keep my pack on one shoulder, and holding my wallet to wave at various doors, elevators, and turnstiles to get in. Even after dumping all the stuff I still couldn't unzip. I'm roasting, I'm hungry, and have to pee. There was just enough space to get the jacket off over my head, with my scarf trying to strangle me along the way. Somehow I had tangled the scarf into the zipper. For a while I was afraid I was going to have to cut up my favorite scarf to get it off, but I managed to get it out ok. Then unzipping the jacket was hard because part of the zipper hadn't zipped up. For a while I was afraid I had broken it, but it all turned out ok. Good thing nobody was watching that performance.

Massage was a good brutality. Things still hurt. Yoga hurt, with some poses being total non starters. I think it was all good in the long run, but my legs have been so tight that now they are starting to relax post massage, it's actually hurting a bit more as they sort themselves out. I'm about to see if more sleep will help.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the jacket/scarf story. :) I got a hilarious visual from that.

    Massage should hurt, at least if it's doing anything. At least, that's what I figure. Hopefully, the legs start doing what you need.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!