Monday, October 29, 2012

Sherlock powered me through

The 50 m pool was open this morning, and other than the woman who didn't understand circle swimming for several laps. All was good. 40 minutes. Typical stuff. It seems I'm about a minute slower over 1000 m in the 50 m pool.

Home and on the bike for mostly easy spin while watching the last episode of Sherlock. 90 minutes, with my left hamstring being very cranky down near my knee, so I didn't push it hard. The show distracted me, and I'm not sure I'd have stayed on the bike for the entire time otherwise.

Loved the Sherlock shows. I need to watch a couple of them again, as there were some quiet bits that I didn't get over the whir of the bike and the sound of sweat in my ears. I'm a big fan of the stories, and really like how the writers have stayed true to the spirit of the stories, while bringing in the modern world. Sometimes several elements of different stories come together, which is a delight to see. The two stars will also be in the new Hobbit movies, though they won't be on the screen together.

Reading about Sandy, and glad I'm not experiencing it. Those who are, hope you're doing ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!