Monday, December 6, 2010

Toenails, but no icky photos

I know that will disappoint some of you. With any luck this is the last bit of fall out, or fall off from IMC. While trimming my toenails yesterday, two of them essentially came right off. The one on the left foot was the one that went black. Not sure what the issue with the one on the right foot was.

Swam today 1.25 hrs, a general mix of stuff. The high point was 4 x 100 m on 2 minutes, each done under 100 seconds. I was pretty pleased with that. Otherwise there was lots of kick, lots of drill, which isn't the most exciting thing in the world, but needs to be done. As a reference, doing front kick with the board for 50 m is 82 seconds. The length of the pool seems to take FOREVER going that slow. I should ask to get my kick only video taped at the Mercury Rising swim camp in Jan, even though I'm sure I'll want to cover my eyes. But that's the best way to improve. Seeing what you're doing wrong is enormous incentive to stop doing it and learn something better.

Lots of puttering in the basement trying to bring some organization to the shop area. What a mess! No wonder I can't ever find anything. I admit to being a bit of a pack rat when it comes to bits of stuff that just might be useful for something, someday. I come by it honestly, both my dad and his dad were like that. On a farm you never know when something is going to come in handy. If you can find it. I'm trying to decide what I'm going to do with that area, and all the stuff. I'm taking photos as I go so I can show you before and after. Maybe.

4 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for not posting pics of the fallen off toenails! They disgust me slightly!
    Swim camp? Where/what is this?
    Yah can't relate to your packrat-ness. I tend to go through spaces often to purge as I hate clutter. Helps that I have moved 3x in 4 years. Thankfully we are here to stay for awhile! Progress pics are always good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not gonna lie...when they just pop off like that, I think itsbsorta cool...icky, but cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can appreciate icky photos. #disappointed

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!