Saturday, June 19, 2010

The nice biking day we've all been wanting

First thing today was an acupuncture/shiatsu appointment. It's a bit hard to relax when you've just got out of bed and want to be up and moving. Still, it was really good. My shoulders feel much better.

Then right onto the bike. Well, there was a half hour drive home in horrible traffic. Seriously, what are all these people doing, pretending they know how to drive? 12th Ave downtown has many blocks of construction blocking southbound routes. For a while I was thinking I was going to have to bunk down with somebody living north of downtown.

The plan said hills, so I did Road to Nepal. Very nice day for it. At last, and I'll say no more about it. As I was passing two people on that long first grade, I was passed myself. Chicked. I passed her again on the downhill, then she was gone. Hope she enjoyed her ride to Black Diamond. I got down to the end of the road in good time, 1:01 and was thinking I might have a chance to go sub 2 hrs again, but there was a slight wind helping me south and in my face on the way back. Still, it wasn't much of a wind. The main reason the ride took 2:08 was that I'm still not feeling strong. My breathing was pretty good, but the cold isn't entirely gone so I didn't want to push too hard.

After some BBQ salmon I went down and did my core like a good athlete. Still a little full from supper so I took my time getting into it. Stretching. Feet in the air. Looking at the plan firmly. Thinking it through. Procrastinating, some would say.

Then finally, for a half hour, getting into it. Grrrr.  Energy drink all made for tomorrow's ride. Not sure if I'm going to Turner Valley or out to the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!